Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, February 06, 2011

My Monthly post

Since I seem to be posting once a month so far this year, hopefully more one of these days, but at least I'm posting in 2011. So, there has been spinning. This is 370 yds of 2ply Wool Silk from Woolerina. It's beautiful and soooo soft and I love it. I'm thinking maybe a cowl. Something close to my skin since it's sooo soft. Here is the BFL that I was working on in in January. It's also super soft. I navajo plied this and ended up with about 500 yds out of close to 6oz. No idea what I'm going to do with this yet. I'll have to wait for it to speak to me.
There has also been knitting. This is the Sleeping Beauty baby blanket that I made for Baby Kim, who's mother works for me. I mentioned in last month's post, but didn't have a camera. It's out of Yowza Whatta skein from Miss Babs in the Tiffany Colorway and it's sooooo soft and fabulous.
I also finished a sock monkey. Yarn is some Regia sock yarn. It looks so fabulous and I love it. This one may be the favorite of the 3 I've made. It's super cute. It's a b-day present for my nephew.
Finally, I finished the first of the Knotty gloves. Yes, these are a very old WIP that I started about 2 years ago. I don't know why I didn't finish it earlier. I love it. I immediately cast on the second one.
Never fear, this is not my oldest WIP. I still have 2 projects that I started more than 2 years ago in Kansas city that have not yet been completed, but maybe this year's the year...
Other than that, crazy busy at work, still have no furniture and leaving for Japan in less than 3 weeks. Hurrah!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home