Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, May 25, 2009

I have been a total absentee blogger lately. No particular reason why that I can think of. Going through another period of change. Things are really crazy at work, my brother is moving away in a couple of weeks and I just feel like I need to do something different...I just haven't figured out what.

I was considering moving to a new area, but I've decided that's not really going to help anything. So, I need to do something different or to be something different. I guess I'm just bored and need a new outlet. Hmmm. Hopefully I figure it out in the next little while or it's going to be a brutal summer.

All of these is made worse by the fact that I'm not sleeping. Or maybe I'm not sleeping because I'm spending too much time thinking and therefore am not sleeping. Ugghhh! I'm having freaky weird nightmares as well. First, it was zombies...which can in part be attributed to the zombie book I was ready. I'm waking up at 5:30 am too. Doesn't matter what time I go to sleep. 5:30 am. Big Yuck. I tried to go to bed early, but that was actually the worst because after going to bed at 9:30 instead of midnight, I was wide awake from 2:30 - 4:00 am. Even napping isn't working for me these days. Ugghh!!

In knitting news, I finished a baby hat and baby bib this weekend. I needed a gift for a co-worker and it worked as a quick finish knit since everything else I'm working on is a long term project. I knit the rainbow marley hat from Itty Bitty Knits and the bib is the baby bib from Mason Dixon Knitting, the first one. These are two of my favorite quick knits for baby gifts.

Since I've been bored this weekend, I've done all kinds of weirdo things that have been hanging over my head. I flipped my mattress and in the process, cleaned out all the odd things that have ended up underneath it. Missing socks, books, money, etc. I also cleaned out the last of the boxes from my storage closet and then repacked the storage closet and last, but not least...I ironed. Yes, you read that right....ironed. Yes, those shirts that only get worn 2-3 times a year could actually be worn in the next few days. Lets not all fall over dead now.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Jenn said…

    I hear you about needing a change. I've been feeling that way lately, too. I think for me it's that summer is coming and the changes in schedule will be thrust on me, and I'm doing a little rebelling.

    As for the ironing, I totally understand that. I have a few shirts, too, that require ironing so they almost never get worn. Then, when I do break down and iron, they all get worn in the same week so it looks like I have new clothes.

    Good luck figuring out what you want to do with your summer!!!

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    I took my ironing board to the new house to use as table space. I never use it. Ever.

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    Good luck honey! Maybe some good old artsy fartsy meditation would help quiet your brain before sleep? No more zombie books late at night. :)
    Miss you!
    Christine

     

Post a Comment

<< Home