Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Myparents have been on a decluttering frenzy. They're cleaning out years worth of junk. Which is awesome and very needed... So, I come home from the holiday weekend and went through 1 box of my old stuff and what did I find??? My diary from 1985... It was the funniest reading I've done in a long, long time. Usually 1 to 2 sentences, I went to a picnic. I went swimming. I was also boy crazy. Boys, I don't even remember all these years later. It was hilarious reading I tell you. Amongst the junk, I also found my Holly Hobby doll, my retainer(ick!), and 2 sweaters my late grandmother knit when we were very young. One looks like an EZ pattern and the other is this beautiful cabled cardigan.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Too funny about the diary. I found one of mine when we were cleaning out our basement this summer. What was I thinking back then?!?! My folks have yet to force me down to get through all my treasures...but it's coming.

    Can't wait to see the "vintage" sweaters!

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger dulcedosa said…

    Such a coincidence, I was re-reading my diaries and notes from high school a couple weeks ago and I'm decluttering too right now. Too funny.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger maitai said…

    well....where are the photos of these sweaters?!?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home