Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Man, it's amazing what weekends can be when you're not working or exhausted from working. I think I'm slowly coming out of that work coma. I should be even better after next weekend after spending the weekend in Cincinnati with Beth. I'm so looking forward to seeing her, meeting the adorable Sadie and hanging out. I've even told everyone at work that I won't be accessible by Blackberry. Yes, I really did that... I'm washing my clothes and starting to collect things to take to Cincy with me. As usual, the hardest decision is always what knitting to pack...

I took a remarkable step this weekend towards embracing living in DC...I got my hair cut here. Yes, I went to a salon and tried out a stylist. Before now, I've been getting it cut/highlightedevery time I go home to St. Louis. Even better, because my stylist was running late, I got a free manicure. Whoo Hoo!! Now, the only thing between me and feeling like a true resident of NoVa (Northern Virginia) is to get an EZ pass for the toll road. Then I could stop saving all my quarters...

Because I wasn't working and I only worked 50 hours last week, I wasn't exhausted and I actually had time to knit this weekend, so here's some progress on my Nashua Surplice top.

This is the top back section. I have about 3.5 inches left to go before doing the neckline. I've been alteratining between the Stockinette of this project and the garter stitch of the log cabin baby blanket shown below.
I'm at 20 inches now, and I want to go to about 32 inches accross, so still got a ways to go. Still like this a lot.

Now, you can see my issue in selecting travel knitting. The baby blanket is at a point where it's too bulky to travel. The Surplice is getting to the finish line. Hmmmm...What to do...What to do...

4 Comments:

  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger maitai said…

    yea, seriously, you really do need a vacation. enough with the working all the time, okay?! and yes, definitely get an EZpass. they are so convenient!

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Something new!! I love socks for travel knitting...

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger littledevilworks said…

    Sounds like it's time for a pair of socks! Fun, easy to carry... :)

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger NKYKnitter said…

    I can't wait to see what you picked. See you tomorrow - or Friday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home