Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Back from the dead...

Yes, I'm amazingly still alive. I could probably use about 24 more hours of sleep before I'm fit to hold intelligent conversations, but I am done with the crazy hours. Yeah!!! Our office closed for the long weekend yesterday at 3pm. I left at 2pm and came home and took a 2 hour nap. Then I went to the local knitting meet-up. I hadn't been in a month. It's amazing what happends in a month... This morning I got up about 8:30. Knitted a little. Went to lunch with my nephew and SIL and then to Trader Joe's. Got yummy chocolate covered bananas suggested by my SIL. Came home, napped for 3 hours and then actually cooked my self a real dinner... I haven't done that in a month either. Baked marinated chicken breast , potatoes (home grown by one of my co-workers) in a butter parsley sauce, and peas. Yum!!!

There has been knitting. I'd like to say that I've been knitting something that was already on the needles, but I'd be lying.
Instead, I started a new baby blanket for a co-worker who's having a baby shower in a few weeks. Tomorrow my plan is to get up, clean a little (now there's a concept), knit some more, watch a few movies. Just a very relaxing weekend. No working.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So glad to hear you have some time for a little R&R or is that K&N (knitting and napping)! The Blanket looks great, what yarn is it?

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger littledevilworks said…

    Ooo that looks great. Hope you had a great 4th!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home