Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Maryland Sheep and Wool redux

Back from Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. It was an excellent time. It was an incredibly long day. Carmen and I left my apartment at 7am (yikes!) and arrived at the fair grounds around 8:30. We went in and things were already in high gear. We immediately went to the Koigu mill ends booth and umm...well lets just say the wheels fell off the bus and the result is below... We walked around for awhile and then went to the Ravelry meetup, which was insanity. Carmen found us some chairs in the corner where we talked with many people. Then we went back into the fray and got:
2 skeins of Brooks Farm Acero, which is a Wool/Silk/Viscose blen and is so beautiful.
5 skeins of Oragnics from the Fiber Company and a reversible scarf pattern for the yarn. It's such beautiful color of green. It's like spring and not accurately reflected above.
4 skeins of a silk/rayon blend of Autumn House farm that is soooooo beautiful and wonderful words cannot express. I wish I had gotten more now. It's this beatiful coppery color.

I also got some wedding yarn for a friend, and if she's reading this, she can get all excited because it's pretty and a present for another friend that I think she will like a lot.

And finally...the koigu mill ends...

Believe me, there is a plan. I have long coveted a koigu sweater and I want to do something striped. I'm going to have to play around with this, but I did get mostly a color progression with a few extraneous skeins that will become something else in life. Such as the group in the upper left corner that is destined to be a Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts and 3 others that somehow got into the bag, but I don't remember. All in all, I love what I got. We just won't mention that my credit card is crying...

4 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Teri said…

    Holy crap, I think I just fell over. That is more Koigu than any of the shops around here have in stack at any point in time! All of your finds are so so so pretty. I wish I could have joined the two of you in your fun. But I'll console myself with dreams of my Scotland trip at the end of the month.

    Well done! (I can only imagine what Carmen is bringing home with her)

     
  • At 2:13 AM, Blogger Blu486 said…

    Wow - I'm wondering how much longer it will be until your furniture doesn't fit in your apartment anymore! Good grief, girl! It's all gorgeous, tho! I'm jealous!

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger maitai said…

    holy moly!!!!!!!!! that is all i have to say.

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Clearly we have the same taste ;) We should have met up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home