Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

of car shopping and FOs...

So, I finally got around to doing some car shopping experience this weekend. I, of course, fell in love with the car which costs more than I want to spend...the Audit A4 I also looked at the new 08 Chevrolet Malibu and the Toyota Camry. I really went to look at the Toyota Avalon, but apparently the only thing the very rude salesman was interested in selling me that day was leftover 2007 Camry's. I was unamused... I liked the Malibu okay, but I decided I wasn't really a fan of On Star. I think I'd feel like I was disturbing someone. I much prefer a navagation system. I guess my problem with car shopping is I haven't fallen in love with something for the money I want...want being the operative word...to pay.

There was a finished object over the weekend.
It's the River Rapid socks from Sock Bug. I knit these on size 00 needles in the Socks That Rock Lagoon colorway. I love that they didn't really stripe or pool. Alas, they're in size 9, so they won't fit me, so I'll have to give them away to their intended recipient.

I did not have much yarn left over at all after making these. As long-time readers know, I'm making a blanket out of squares of left-over sock yarn. I had enough to make 1 square and very little left over.
For an update on squares for the sock yarn blanket, I have 48 completed squares. I need to get back and work on this. I have a basket full of sock scraps ready to be knitted.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Teri said…

    Nice looking socks! Funny that you mention your sock blanket when I was just wondering the other day what your progress was on it.

    It will get finished someday, right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home