Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Stuck on sleeve island

I've decided to try a revolutionary new idea and swatch for a sweater. I know. Everyone who knows me and knows I have this "devil may care attitude about guage", is trying to pick themselves off the floor. I bought some Elsbeth Lavold Silky wool to make ??? but since then I also bought some Belle Epoque Silk, which will work so much better for that. I'm still in love with the Silky wool and I've been wondering what to make with it...and then while blog surfing because I was bored, I found someone making Eunny Jang's Tangled Yoke cardigan with it. Yummy. I immediately ran to my Interweave stash to check out the guage and yarn requirements. Right way yarn check! Even better, I have enough yarn! Only question is whether or not I can get guage, because I really, really would like this cardigan to fit since I love it so,so much. Fingers crossed ladies, Fingers crossed.

I swatched in a size 5 like called for and a size 4 and while wet, the size 4 was a better guage. I'll have to see what it's like tomorrow after it's dry.



BTW - I did knit several rows on my neice's cardigan sleeves. No, I haven't totally thrown away the idea that I need to finish her cardigan prior to starting a new project. What you just see here is...swatching...Yeah! That's it...swatching in anticipation of finishing my neice's cardigan. I only wound the 1 ball that I would need for the cardigan. I didn't even wind the Brooks farm for the clapotis. I even found the 10.5 double points to make my neice some mittens, but haven't brought them out yet.



You will note the extreme amount of knitting ADD going on here as I try in vain to finish something... I only have 2 pairs of socks, 1 scarf, 1 summer sweater, my neice's cardigan and 3 shawls currently in process and yarn for 3 more sitting out trying to taunt me into casting on another project. Quite frankly, I'm sadly running out of stitch markers. Oh!



Your faithful knitter signing off, stuck on toddler sleeve island

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home