Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I'm tired. I really should trying to go to bed earlier, but I seem to have a mental block when it comes to going to bed earlier than midnight. Maybe I just need to stop having weird work dreams. I dreamt that HR manager who sits next to me and I interviewed candidates for jobs all night long. Back and forth between the two interview rooms we went...which if you work elsewhere might be uncommon, but I seem to interview between 3-10 people every week...

Still working on the neverending sleeve and the sad part is I still have 1 more to complete. I really, really want to finish it so I can finish the sweater. I'm also beginning to think I don't have enough yarn. I'm having a hard time gauging how much is left vs. 1 sleeve and 3 stripe pattern repeats. This could mean a call to the lovely Amber at Misknits to see if she has anymore. The pattern did only call for 1 skein of the secondary colors, so I'm hoping above all hopes that it will work out. It's going to come down to the wire though.

So, today's questions is...

Should I go to Stitches East or not?

One the positive side, it would be nice to go up to see Baltimore. The drive is only an hour. I could see what different kinds of yarn vendors there are in this area of the country. The lovely Linda from Pajolo Alpaca's will be there. Always a joy. I could acquire more stash. I could meet more knitters. I could buy size 4 circular needles in 36" which seem to be hiding from me in the local vicinity.

On the negative side, I really don't need any more yarn at the present time. I have to drive an hour. Since they're also having the Baltimore Marathon on Saturday, I would have to either go in early to avoid the closed streets or go in late and try to self-navigate through the unclosed streets. Streets close at about 7am and re-open at 3pm. Which is an early morning and a late afternoon. I would miss my nap. It will probably be expensive to park and cost $$s to get into the market so I can spend more money (the mind boggles at the concept of paying money so I can go in and spend more money)

What to do, what to do...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger Teri said…

    Could you take a train as to avoid the Marathon issue? (You could nap or knit on the train)

    Barring that, you could always order the needles online and save a bit of $$.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home