Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

I'm 0-2...

...on children's mittens/mitts.
This one for my nephew is the right shape and right width, but apparently he has freakishly long fingers for a child his age, so it needs to be a bit longer. That's an easy thing to fix, much more so than the one for yesterday.

Other than that, I'm still on 1st sleeve island. I knitted 4 repeats today and I still have 15 ridges left before the sleeve is finished and then I have to do the second one. Remind me next time I decide to make a sweater for one of my neice's/nephews, that using fingering weight yarn is a bad idea.

In other news, how hard is it to find a Size 4 36" knitting needle???? Michael's doesn't carry anything smaller than a size 9 circular??? WTF??? Joann's has size 4, but only in 29". It's a good thing I'm going to the Stitches East market place next weekend so I can get some. Then I can get going on the Tangled Yoke cardigan. I've done 2 rows with my cobbled together Boye's, but it's just not working...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger maitai said…

    thanks! my dogs think they're cute, too, haha. sorry you have to work today, but you probably get veteran's day, which i don't, right?

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't that why they invented the internet? hard to find needles and rare yarn? ;)

    Then it's jush the wait that will get 'cha...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home