Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

I finished a sock!!!!
You're probably thinking..."well Gwen, you finish socks all the time, you're a sock knitter." and you wouldn't be wrong, but this particular yarn and I have had a difficult time deciding what it wants to be. I love the colors in this yarn, but I tried pattern after pattern and still the yarn wasn't happy until finally, the Shimmer sock from Magknits and magic happened... Not to say that it still didn't take me over a month to finish 1 sock. There was that 10 day time period where I didn't knit a stitch and I've been working 60 hours a week and traveling... Excuses...Excuses... I was just terrified it would start pooling on the leg and since they're for a sockapalooza sockpal, and not just me, my inner perfectionist has come out. I even dropped down 16 stitches 4 rows to fix where I messed up the pattern. If it were just for me, that wouldn't have happened. It would have been a "design feature."

Since I finished the first sock with such gusto this evening, I immediately cast on the second one. Hurrah!!!
One month til they need to go out. I think I'll make the deadline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home