Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, July 06, 2007

So, about 10:30 this morning, I finished a big project I've been working on at work and no one was there to review it, so I decided to play hooky for the rest of the afternoon. My vacation balance is near the limit, so this was a necessary step. So, Carmen and I met for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. Yummm.
Then we went to the new yarn store in Kansas City Misknits. My credit card kind of slipped and I ended up with 5 skeins of SandnesGarn Mandarin Petit, a pattern book and a pair of size 3 INOX needles to make a striped cardigan for my neice. (BTW-SandnesGarn has some of the cutest kid patterns...)
Yes, you'll note that there is already about 2 inches of the sweater knitted. It just sort of happened. Amber has comfortable couches in her store. It's going to be so cute. Not quite as bright as the photo above.
After leaving Misknits, we went to the nail place and got pedicures. I got the super deluxe version with the see salt scrub leg massage and little flowers with rhinestones on my big toe. Yes, I'm absolutely crazy and I love it.
It's the weekend baby!!! Stay tuned for a big announcement early next week.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    Geez. I thought I was living the high life leaving at 4:00 and going to Target to purchase furnishings for the guest bathroom. I'm jealous. But I have my own flowers with rhinestones I can put on my big toe when I give myself a pedicure today. I think that'll really hit the spot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home