Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The X-mas redux. I forgot to take pictures of everyone in their gifts, but I did get a few. This cheeseball here is my younger brother in the hat I knit
him for Christmas this year. I loved that had so much I almost kept it for myself. I'll definitely have to knit another for me and maybe my dad if he wants one. Made one for my brother in-law too, except his was orange and blank. Jeff's was Black and red.

I finally started a new project for myself. Behold the rainbow socks. I
didn't necessarily intend for them to turn out in a rainbow pattern. I just wanted to stop the pooling, which had unitended and pretty cool results. The slipped stitches go in perfect ROYGBIV order. Pretty darn cool. I'm liking them and they're going pretty fast. Love that Tess' Super Sock yarn. I have only 1 more skein of it though, so I'll have to put that on the list for Stitches this year.

Also making great progress on the baby blanket for my sister's friend that
she has known since she was 5 years old. I wouldn't knit a blanket for many people, but Christy has been around my family for many, many years. It's a simple basketweave pattern that you can't really see in this picture. I've got about 90 more lines of it before I'm done. Hurrah! Other than that. I'm trying to decide what I'm going to start next...

1 Comments:

  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Which sock pattern are you using? I really like the effect. Great progress on the blanket, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home