Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sometimes the quest for organization leads you to some realizations that are quite shocking...such as I have more than 22 miles worth of yarn. That's right...over 40,000 yards of yarn. I don't know about you, but I was quite shocked. I had to take a 4hour nap yesterday to recover. (actually, I took a shower laid on my bed for a "minute" and woke up 4 hours later, but who's counting...)

This morning I woke up reinvigorated in my quest to shorten my stash of yarn. I swatched for an cabled sweater. Yes, I know those works are shocking, but yes, I did a real swatch. One I washed and is currently drying on my blocking board. You can all pick yourselves up off the floor now.

After I finished the swatch and because I'm waiting for it to dry before measuring it again, I started a mystery project. Again, using yarn in my stash. Yippee!! It's going along fantastically. It's using Schachenmayer Micro Big Shine yarn. I like the finished product it produces, but it splits something terrible. So that's slowing me down a little bit. All in all a good weekend. I catalogued my stash, took a nap, cleaned and did laundry.

Now, what are the odds that my car is iced frozen for tomorrow morning??? I was afraid to even try it today since it was still raining/sleeting off and on all day long.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    So I'm not the only one who has to work today... Fortunately, we just had snow, so it wasn't too bad, but it was 5", so driving was a bit slow. Hope you got into your car!

    Actually washed a swatch!?!? *gasp*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home