Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Flush from my success with the baby blanket and baby hat, I recast on for
slipstitch rainbow socks. In my zeal not to have socks that are too big for my feet, I cast on too few stitches and made it a bit to small around...55 stitches on size 0 needles...ummm...don't know what I was thinking...quite obviously I was not, so now the stitches are at a much more reasonable number. It fits pretty good and wonder of all wonder, it's still rainbow striping on the slip stitch. I'm going to like these!

Since the weather here this weekend is going to turn very cold and icy, I felt
the need to cast on for a hat. I think I have enough Aurora 8 left from the hat I made for my brother to make one in reverse colors. Although it's going to be very close. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Those socks are cool!!! I'm not quite as far on a sock that I fear I must rip out - need to use a bigger needle and fewer stitches or more stitches on the 0 I'm using. Plus the stitch pattern turns out to be quite ugly with this yarn. Sigh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home