Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, September 11, 2006

And then it happened...

So, yesterday I was lamenting that I finished all my big projects and wasn't inspired by any of the other projects to start. There was some general malaise and wishy washiness going on. I wanted to start something new, but the only thing inspiring me was socks (how sad is that?).

But a bolt out of the blue and Inspiration has struck today in the form of the new Knitty!! Hurrah!! This is the first time in awhile that I have been in love with a knitty. 3 sweaters and 2 pair of socks. Not too bad. Viveka is love, love, love, but I don't have the yarn for it now. Serrano, also love, but I don't I have the right yarn for it either. Ivy...it's all love baby and I think I might just have the yarn for it...so what's a girl to do?? Haul out the old swift and ball winder, of course! Get out that fabulous, fabulous Merino/cashmere blend secured at Stitches Midwest that came without a stitch guage and pray. On a side note, isn't this lucious green color good for a sweater called Ivy...

And then, somehow this happened...
(I know all of you all are here with me praying as we knit a guage swatch (Yes, Gwen is knitting a guage swatch. Will wonder's never cease. This is two in a row).






Countdown to Vegas: 2 days!!!!! I actually started putting stuff in my bag this evening. Kind of throwing it in just to make sure I don't forget stuff when I think of it...I'm sad, I know.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger aija said…

    Happy vegas trip to you! :) I loved knitty this time around, esp. that toddler sweater. I'm trying to hold back... :)

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    I too am re-in love with Knitty. It's been a bit blah lately, but I'm definitely impressed.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Yeah, it was good to see a decent knitty, wasn't it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home