Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, April 04, 2005

She said it would wear off in 2-3 hours

I called for an eye doctor appointment to get new contacts this morning and they had a cancellation and we able to fit me in this afternoon. Hurrah!! The bad thing is, everytime I go to the eye doctor, I get my eyes dialated. So, I look like I'm high, am sensetive to light and everything that has light has a halo around it. Gives me a headache. Of course, they always tell me, "Oh, it will wear off in 2-3 hours." 2-3 hours Uh-nuh! It's been 5.5 hours at this point and my pupils are still wide open. I'm kind of staring at the screen from an angle otherwise, it's too glaringly bright. It is, by the way, the only light on in my apartment. I did the dishes by fading sunlight with the blinds closed. I've been doing laundry by fading sunlight and now by computer screen light. So, I did get stuff done, but unfortunately, due to the lack of light, no knitting. I'm almost to the heel on my sock and didn't feel up to turning the heel with no light, so even though it would have been something I could have worked on, no joy.

I did watch disk 3 of season one of 21 Jump Street. The slight halos around everything on the screen was annoying, but I dealt with it for my secret vice. I've decided Johnny Depp has a weird ear. I don't normally just watch tv. I normally read and watch or knit an watch, so I was all kinds of attentive tonight in the dark. The ear is not ugly or cauliflower ear like a boxer, but just funny. I'm weirdly turned off by his ear. He is a beautiful, beautiful man, but since noticing the ear tonight, I think my imaginary love affair might be over. Pity. I also watched Bridget Jones 2 this weekend. Totally in love with Colin Firth. Now there's a man and his ear appears normal to me.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Gwen, I think more might have gotten dilated than your eye. Seriously, ears? Who cares? :)

    By the way, I found that Grape-Berry Kool-Aid I told you about that I thought might give a better purple at Dierbergs, and it turns out it's discontinued. I didn't buy a ton of it, but maybe I should go back and buy all they have. Hopefully my yarn will come and I can test-dye a little bit before they sell out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home