Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I stepped outside this morning and thought Wow! It's so warm! Maybe I'll put the top down on the car and drive in to work. I scratched that idea when I figured out that I didn't have anything to put my hair up with. I have longish hair and 20 miles on the highway to work leaves me looking rather like Renee Zellwegger in Bridget Jones after her convertible ride. Frightening is not the image I'm going for at work, although I don't know why it matters people think I'm the bearer of bad news anyway. Well, it's a good thing I didn't do the drive to work with the top down, it was only 45 degrees at the time. I was obviously still half asleep and deluded if I thought that I wouldn't have frozen half to death even with the heater on during that ride.

I did get outside to enjoy the beautiful weather today. It was sunny and about 70 degrees at lunch so I walked several blocks to get a sandwich. It was a little windy, but it was the nice almost warm spring breeze. Spring is finally here!!!!

What's this? Did Gwen finally figure out the camera??? Why yes, yes she did and this is 78 rows of the Flower Basket Shawl. You can even see the pattern. How cool. From the back though, it looks like an egg carton.

I moved it over on to a circular needle because I don't like stuffing the needle full of too many stitches. I'm either getting the pattern (finally) or working with the circular is making it easier because I'm finding I'm making fewer mistakes. I was going back to fix at least one mistake per pattern line. I'm up to every 3rd or 4th pattern line now, which makes the going much faster. I used a fingering weight yarn rather than two strands of lace weight. Much easier going. Since this one is being made for someone else, I'm thinking of using the wonderful lace-weight alpaca I bought a Stitches last year to make another for me. I think that since I've finished one already, I should be able to figure out the two together thing on the second (fingers crossed). I think it will look awesome. Maybe then I'll feel up to attempting the Madli Shawl again.

I haven't made any progress on my Happy sock at the moment. I'm in the pre-frogging thinking stage at the moment where I'm trying to decide how much of it I want to frog back. Just the heel (which I'm unhappy with)? More? All?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home