Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Back home again

Got out in time to catch an earlier flight home standbye. Hurrah!! Got to love that. I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm getting old and any iota of hipness that I had is gone. We went out for tapas last night in Chicago. One of the dishes was octapus and potatoes. I didn't try that one, but I did try the one that was ground chicken and ham, formed into a finger shaped and then fried. Yuck. It went downhill from there. The only saving grace were the bottomless pitchers of sangria.

We also stayed in the W hotel downtown. Good points for serving us sparkling water and then wine and cookies as we waited in line with all our co-workers to check in. Halls were lit by black light... Showed eerie pictures on lobby walls that looked something out of the psychadelic scene in Charlie and the Chocolate factory to techno music. They even have "intamacy convenience" packets in the rooms (which I didn't open, by the way, just wondered what the funny box was, there's a reason curiousity killed the cat)... Yep, I'm not hip enough to stay there anymore...

We had to have roommates. I threw my fate to the wind and ended up with a pretty good roommate except for one small thing. She is one of those people that is always cold. I got into the room after our late dinner. She was in bed in flannel pajamas, under all of the covers and blankets. The room was a sweltering 74 degrees. I on the other had, usually sleep in the tundra. I like to cuddle under the covers. Needless to say, I did not sleep a wink all night long, I was dying of heat. I had a nightmare at one point that I was being smothered because I was so hot. Ugghh. I should sleep pretty well tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home