Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, October 03, 2004

My Mother, the enabler...

Those of you who know me, know I like to shop...a lot. Well, I went shopping on Friday by myself and didn't buy a single thing. Well, my mom , who is half way home from a wedding in Kansas City, calls and asks if I want to go to Dillards with her. They're having a sale. Now, that's a no-brainer. Of course, I'm going to go. So, I meet her at the mall. Out of everything I bought today (4 pairs of pants, 3 tops and 3 necklaces) my mom picked out everything except 2 pairs of pants and when debating whether I needed the $40 Ralph Lauren shirt (mind you $40 66% off) she said it would be versatile. Which made sense, so it too, went in the keep pile. Now, I got to thinking. She and I went to a sale at Lord & Taylor like a month ago and I bought 5 sweaters and a shirt all of which she picked out. Now, obviously, she knows my taste, but I bought them all. She is my enabler. The person that everyone has that whenever they go shopping with and you end up, not only finding things, but buying them. I don't know whether they convince you or talk sense into you. I would have to admit, I'm usually the enabler. Since I shop...umm...all the time. I know where the best sales are on the best clothes and feel no shame in sharing my wisdom and love of brand name clothes reasonable price. It's almost more fun to find clothes for other people than myself. Yes, you read that right. So, I guess the turnabout is fair play, and I've been enabled today, to the tune of over $100, but I do have the perfect Ralph Lauren shirt. :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Teri said…

    I think I need to go shopping with you sometime. Have any plans this weekend?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home