Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, August 29, 2004

The second sleeve

My goal for the weekend has been to finish the second sleeve and although I've watched 4 movies and countless hours of the olympics, and made over 10,000 stitches, I'm still not done with the sleeve. I had to give up for the evening because my arms hurt and I want to live to knit tomorrow. Now I know why people knit with thicker yarn. My only problem, I hate to knit with big needles. I prefer somewhere between a 2 and a 7. At least I'm to the decreases. I only need to do 40 more rows to finish, but less and less stitches each row means it will go much faster. I've revised my goal to finishing the sleeve prior to leaving for DC on Thursday to see my brother. I have to say, it's kind of funny. I don't travel anywhere for weeks on end and then all of the sudden, I'm traveling all over the place. Every two weeks I'm someplace different. I was in Columbia, MO. Two weeks later, Stitches outside of Chicago. Next weekend DC. A week and a half later, going to New York. Then I won't go anywhere probably for the rest of the year. I did this earlier in the year as well. Went to Colubmia, Mo; Chicago; New Orleans and Cincinnati in 5 weeks. Then no where for 3 months. I'm a traveling fool I tell you. All I can say is Yeah Vacation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home