Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, August 30, 2004

At last...

No, I haven't found love...perish the thought. Even better, I've finished knitting the second sleeve of my Sally Mellville two-toned sweater and as we speak it is being blocked on my family room floor. I stuck it in an out of the way place so I wouldn't step on any of the pins, of course, that means it's in this area between the couch and a bookcase and none of my pictures are turning out. Flash or no flash. Now I have the fun part, seeming it together...Yeah me. Iwill hopefully block the back tomorrow night and the top on Wednesday night so it will be allr eady to seem when I get back. Then of course, I'll try it on and think it doesn't look good. All the build up for naught. Either that or it won't fit. Well, it's my first sweater so it's a learning experience. Speaking of learning experiences, who knew mohair stunk so much when you got it wet. I was the demon knitter when I got home tonight not only to finish the sweater, but I had a crappy day at work. One of those Monday's when it seems like everyone else is existing just to make your life more difficult and doing whatever the heck they want just because, no matter what the rules are. I was so frusterated by noon, I was ready to bop somebody. I went and hid in my bosses office and proofread documents for 2 hours so I didn't have to interact with anyone. I had this person exchange 5 e-mails and two phone calls with me about this Lotus Notes address list before she realized that no matter what I typed or spelled out for her, she wasn't spelling it right and therefor the address lists wouldn't come up. So much for we hire the best and brightest... Vacation is just two days away. I have to keep telling myself that.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Yippee! Go Gwen! Yes, a lot of natural fibers stink to high heaven when you block them. Wait for the Alpaca - dead dog. Nasty. I'm sure seaming won't be difficult, and your sweater will turn out perfectly. Now we just need some cooler weather so you can wear it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home