Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Maryland Sheep & Wool 2011

I think it was the most amazing weather ever for Maryland Sheep and Wool this weekend! Beth (Yarnedy) came in from Cincinnati to go with me this year!!! Hurrah! We had a great time. We arrived at 8:30 and didn't leave until 3pm. The sun was out most of the days with just a few cloudy times. I even got a little sunburnt in spite of sunscreen.

So, to the most important information...The HAUL in all it's glory.
2lbs of fiber - starting from the left and up around the circle:
Hobbledehoy - BFL Silk in Fizzy Lime
Winterhaven Farm Cormo Roving.
Hobbledhoy Merino Tencel in Tea Cup
Made For You - Merino - I'm going to call this colorway "Wicked Witch" because of the green/black
Unique Felt Creations 100% Merino - Natural White for dying at Lauren't dying party this summer
Woolgatherings - 100% Merino - I'll call this color Rainbows.
Fiber Optic Yarns - 100% Merino in Besame Mucho
Gales Art (middle)- BFL/Silk - Limited Edition colorway - even prettier in person.

And then my favorite purchase of the day a Golding Spindle. Hurrah!!!! .8 oz with a 2" Purpleheart Tsunami whorl.

You'll notice that it's already got fiber on it because I could not resist starting to spin with it and I love, love, love it!!!! Yeah!

And a better picture of the "Wicked Witch" colorway, which I think is my favorite purchase of the day.

A great time was had by all. Love the vendors and the variety yet again. Love the return after not being able to go after last year because of the broken ankle. Let's not forget love the gyro and ribbon fries. Yum! Can't wait for next year already!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home