Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, April 07, 2008

KITH

I had a fantastic weekend in Kansas City. I hung out with friends, met knew friends and knitted. It was so fun and I feel so much more relaxed.

On Friday, Carmen and I had girl day. We went out to breakfast, went shoe shopping, got a massage, got my hair cut in a very cute long bob style, got a manicure and a pedicure and then had margaritas and BBQ with the girls.

Saturday and Sunday, I went to Knitting in the Heartland, which is put on by the Kansas City Knitting Guild. Their featured teacher was Stephanie Japel of Glampyre Knits. I took two classes from her, Fitting Knits and Converting flat knits to in-the-round. I enjoyed them both immensly. I love listening to other knitters, especially those that design, talk about what inspires them, how they think through their knitting issues and just generally about knitting. (Yes, I'm a bit of a knitting geek, and I'm okay with that) I would definitely take another class from her. Stephanie was very down to earth and genuinely fun to listen to and be around. She even came out to dinner with us...
Teri (one of the KITH organizers), Carmen (who opened her home to me), Stephanie and Me!!

And, another of the old knitting crew, including Joanna, Teri, myself and Carmen. Johanna and Christine had already succumbed to exhaustion and left.

A big huge Woo Hoo goes out to the KITH planning team of Teri, Joanna, Johanna, Carmen, Holly and many more that I don't even know about. From my viewpoint, it was a huge success. Also a huge thanks to Stephanie Japel, who traveled to the wilds of Kansas City to teach at KITH.

Of course, being that it was a Knitting conference, there was a vendor market, and there were purchases...this is the sum total for the weekend...

Stephanie Japel's Fitted Knits Autographed, of course!

Stephanie's pattern for the Camellia Sweater.

Stitch Markers from Girley Purls. Platform Shoes!!! Circular Number markers. Thanks Carmen!!!

A small project bag from Girley Purls

Waimea yarn from Textiles A Mano. Everyone should see this yarn or any of their yarn. Great yardage, good colorways and reasonable prices. Laura and Paul are fantastic.

Knitty Bits sock yarn from Two Windows Dye Co.

2 skeins of Feet First Sock yarn from Cottage Fiber.

Sock yarn from Dome Hill Yarns in Jaded.

And Lurking in the back are two pairs of sandals I bought this weekend. The first, a pair of black peep toe wedges that are incredible and then a pair of really comfy sandals.

All in all it was a fantastic weekend. It was relaxing. I got to see friends. I met Stephanie Japel! I knitted seriously for the first time in many weeks (I almost finished a sock). I didn't think about work. Ahhhhh...

Unfortunately, tomorrow back to the grindstone.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    SO good to see you!! (Even though you posted a horrible picture of me - you'd think with such photogenic friends something would rub off on me, but no)

    You bought some gorgeous stuff. Now you need to come back when we AREN'T sleep-deprived from planning a two-day knitting superstar bonanza.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home