Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

SO, I went to Stitches East after all.
This is the haul. 3 skeins of The Neighborhood Fiber Company sock yarn. The company names the skeins after DC neighborhoods. How cool. Then there's some dark green alpaca for a hat for my nephew. Red and White yarn for matching hats for my neice and nephew. Green and Orange, more for the hat for my nephew and then two skeins of Maizy in green so my neice can have the "Green" socks she requested. I want to try this out. My neice has some sensativity to different fabrics, so I thought the corn fiber would be something to try.
Here's a close up the yarn from the Fiber Company.

I did learn a good lesson today though. I was all proud of myself. I made it all the way to Baltimore without getting lost. I found the convention center. I found my way back to the highway through all the closed streets in downtown Baltimore and was almost home when I went the wrong way on 495 and added an extra hour on to my trip. Thankfully 495 is a big loop around the city and I eventually made it to where I wanted to be and got home.

On a whole I was not as impressed with the marketplace at Stitches East. I did get to visit with Linda from Pajolo Alpacas, my most favorite vendor ever. She said to say hi to Suzie, Carmen and especially Beth.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Ooh, what pretty sock yarn you've got there. I have some Ultra Alpaca for a sweater for me — I love it! It's so soft. It'll be great for baby stuff. Congrats on (mostly) finding your way around the city without any trouble!

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger bethc said…

    Looks like you found some great stuff. I'm glad I didn't go, like I need more yarn... Sorry about the trip around the beltway, been there, done that...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home