Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

I've been a bad blogger. I was off work on Friday and my sister and I went shopping. and I hung around my apartment pretty much all day today, so I really don't have an excuse. I guess, I've been avoiding blogging because I have negative knitting to report. But, I have happier news today. My new bed was delivered!!! Yippee. I think I'll spend the entire day in bed tomorrow. One thing about the bed that was surprising, it's about 6 inches taller than my old one. I almost have to boost myself up to get in it. How sad is that...

On the negative knitting news, I could no longer ignore the fact that the bistro shirt was too big. I think I may have partially identified the guaging issue. I did a guage swatch (everyone gasp in surprise here), but I did it flat, not in the round. I didn't decide to do the pattern in the round until later. Might not account for the altogether how big, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. So, out came 14 inches of that. (Sniff!) I also ripped out the socks that I've been working on for the 3rd time. Ugghh. I just can't find a pattern I like and it's a plain yarn. No stripes or color changes to deal with. Just a plain sock. Ughhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home