Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, September 26, 2005

The Great Bug Huntress

I am the great bug huntress. This is what happens when you move all kinds of crap around to pack it when moving. You find all kinds of crawly critters that creep out when least expecting it. Like when you move a Nordstroms bag that's been sitting on your floor for 2 years (it had a purpose, it was holding all my extra computer cables, give me a break) and a cricket jumps on your foot. First you do the scary cricket dance (my mom & sister have seen this one before). Then you chase after the cricket as it jumps across the floor with a can of RAID spraying madly...

We did the whole RAID experience again about 10 minutes later with a black spider that suddenly appeared out of nowhere on the wall in front of me. It's now permanently affixed to the wall in it's glaze of RAID now as well. I had to open the window at this point, or suffocate from all the RAID fumes.

RAID, a single girl's best friend...

With all the bug murdering and packing going on, you might think there was no time for knitting this weekend, but alas, I managed to fit it in. I volunteered for the Greater St. Louis Knitting Guild at the Faust Park Folk Festival to teach knitting. I'll admit there wasn't much teaching of knitting going on. The crochet guild was there with us and people were happy to learn to crochet, but when you suggested knitting, the looked at you as if you were the devil and backed swiftly away. To bad for them I say. My great aunt did appear for some knitting lessons. I noticd her after someone was already teaching her. Mostly I helped other members of the guild who were novice sock knitters try to figure out what was going on and knitted on my own project (Secret x-mas project #2). It's always fun to sit around and talk to other knitters, particularly ones I don't normally knit with.

Sunday night, after the bug murders, I went to see Beth sing with the Bach Society Chorus at St. Louis Sings. This was 7 St. Louis choirs, some professional type ones and some local choirs, who got together to put on a charity performance the American Red Cross in honor of the hurricane victims. It was really good. I was quite impressed with some of the groups, and especially Beth's group. A good time was had by all at this good cause.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Blu486 said…

    I know you didn't look at your little "visitor." Please note - spiders seem to have 8 legs - precisely twice the number shown in your figure #1. hehehehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home