Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I am a yarnaholic...

They say the first step is to admit you have a problem...

I broke down. It's been exactly a month and a week since I returned from stitches and went on the yarn diet... I broke, lost control and...I ordered more yarn. In my defense, I ordered a pattern to use some yarn I already have and the shipping was $7. That doubled the price of the pattern. I was appalled. I checked around and the pattern was actually less $$ from where I was ordering it from, but I felt compelled to add some sale yarn (Patons Kroy Sock Yarn in Passionate Pink and Grass Green and Newport Check) until the shipping started to go up. If you think about it, take out the cost of the pattern from the total and then the sale yarn+shipping price per ball comes out to be $3.70 which is still less than the full price yarn. Justification I know. I did so want some of that bright Kroy sock yarn. I think I'll make some patterned socks with the pink and then make some plain socks with the green and have the heel and toe be the bright pink. I'm crazy I know. It's not as if I don't have enought yarn to make 10 pairs (Egads!) in my stash...but it's bright Pink. How fun! One could say the diet actually ended at the end of last week when I had Maryann buy me some of the knitpicks dyeable yarn for the Oct. Yarn dyeing party, but that was for experimental processes for a Knitting Guild presentation Maryan is doing in the spring, so does it really count???

Yarn buying justification over....Starting all over on the yarn diet... Day 0

1 Comments:

  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sounds reasonable to me. There's got to be a way to allow us our purchases.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home