Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Yarn, oh the yarn...

Just got back from Stitches. Cooking Tortalini for a Pesto Tortalini pasta salad for the "Cold" party tomorrow. Thought I would give some brief thoughts because the minite the pasta salad is done, I'm going to bed.

The Yarn was fabulous. I think I'm on sensory overload. My only regret, I couldn't take it all home with me.

What did I take home with me??? Well...

Beautiful lace weight alpaca in this dark green/blue with red accents for the Madli Shawl from Interweave Knits this past summer.

Super Sock Yarn (2 different colorwars. One green/turqoise/purple and the other fuscia to purple) They are going to look fabulous.

Lavender Stork from Dale of Norway for the baby hat out of Interweave Knits for my soon-to-be neice

A cone of this 70% Silk, 30% cotton yarn in a peachy/pink with slubs of different colors..Don't know what I'm going to make with it, but it was $15 for almost 1200 yds.

Anyway, we shopped for 4+hours, watched a needle felting demonstration and an fashion show. The stuff from the new Knitters looks good knit up.

Beth got the best present of the day, the woman at the Alpaca booth slipped her a Pooperweight. Yes, a plastic paperweight that has Alpaca Poop inside...

Must finish pasta salad and sleep...


1 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Teri said…

    Me again. Just posting to say it was good to see you ladies this weekend at Stitches. I'm interested in hearing more about the needle felting...I didn't get a chance to see that.

    See ya Wednesday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home