Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, August 13, 2004

Cost of Living

It's really sad when the cost of living rises faster than you pay increases. Case in point, my lease is up soon and I got a letter stuck to my door that if I sign a lease by Sunday, they'll give me $250 off. So, I did a little research. The rent has gone up $100 per month. That's outrageous. I looked around to see if there was anywhere I wanted to live with similar amenities that was less. Well, I could live in a 638 sq. ft. hovel for less than my new rent. So I dutifully made an appointment to talk to them. Rent for renewal is only $75 more than I'm currently paying, which is a scant comfort. The reason it's so irritating, it cuts into my shoe and yarn budget. Ugghhh! Don't they realize in the real world, salaries are only going up 3% per year??? Raising the rent 17% is not realistic. Well that's my rant for the evening.

In other news, I found out my sister is having a baby girl. It's a good thing since the Baby Einstein sweater I just finished is this pale girlie green. I made it with fairly expensive yarn for a child who's going to wear it maybe 4 months. What was I thinking? Probably the same thing I was thinking as I've been buying baby clothes on sale everywhere. I could outfit her child for the first 9 months of it's life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home