Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! But wait...You're birthday is not until January.... What's up you ask??? I got my confirmation for Blue Moon's 2008 Rockin' Sock Club today! Woo Hoo!!! I spent all year last year living vicariously through two friends who were members and finally took the plunge for myself the year. So, for my birthday, I bought myself a membership. Yes, I am quite the good gift buyer if I may say so myself and coincidently, the first package should arrive sometime around my birthday, the 19th of January. Yeah Me!

In other news, still knitting on the clapotis, my neice's GREEN sock and my new project (because you know it had to happen) a Calorimetry from Knitty.com. I have a friend who's learning to knit, but in her class, they aren't making anything. Just swatches, so she's bored and doesn't think it's fun or worth the effort to get to the point where it gets easier, so I'm setting up a challenge for her. I'm making a Calorimetry and I've bought several more skeins for her to make a sweater. I think the color changes will keep it interesting and having a matching set should keep her going for awhile.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Straight needles? Wow. I don't even know where my straight needles are...

    I like the colors. What yarn is it? You have also inspired me to take the yarn for my Clapotis along on my vacay in a couple of weeks. Nothing beats airplane knitting.

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Teri said…

    You freaked me out making me think I'd forgotten your birthday!

    So Happy Early Birthday! Great gift that you got yourself!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home