Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

@%&$ Apartment complex!!!!!

So, I went to the apartment office to pay my rent (finally stopped flinching writing out the check...) and get some yarn I bought while I was at work on my of my 12 hours stress induced days last week. Imagine my surprise when she handed me a box that I could plainly see did not contain yarn. I was like what the heck??? It was addressed to me, so I took it and then asked for my other package.

What was in the mystery package you as??? A birthday present from Christine. Yummy, yummy stuff from Tastefully Simple.
My two absolute favorites. Almond Pound cake and Stawberry Rhubarb spread. Yummy. I went right to the store and got some English muffins to put the spread on. Woo Hoo!!! Thank you Christine!!! I had to laugh when I opened it because a friend in St. Louis who's a part-time Tastefully Simple consultant e-mailed me their spring stuff and e-mailed her back that I was going to have to place an order for pound cake and Strawberry Rhubarb spread.

I only wonder how long it was up at the office...stupid apartment complex. So, if anyone sends a package and I don't acknowledge, let me know because the office is obviously not notifying me...Ughh!

So on to the yarn... Little Knits, enablers that they are got in some Kauni yarn, so I, of course, had to purchase some to try it out. Every seems to see the love.

Of course, since I was already paying shipping, I added on 2 skeins of cotton fleece to make a baby sweater and a skein for Silky Sock from the Great Adirondak yarn company. Red is definitely the color this year...

On my grapecicle socks, I think I'm going to frog them again. I already changes to smaller needles, but I think I want to start the bottom triangle closer to the toe. I'm going think about it though since I already have almost 4 inches knitted.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    HAH! Damn apartment complexes indeed! Glad you liked it. I always figure yummy food makes you feel like you're still hanging with us girls! Can't wait to see you in April!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home