Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Lost...One knit along...

Oh where, Oh where has the Madli-Along gone. I finally bought the yarn, set aside the time and started the Madli. Had problems casting on...Frogged. Cast on again. Frogged. Finally figured out the knitted Cast-on (Yeah Gwen). Started knitting. Lost a stitch in the melee. Decided to go to bed and start again tomorrow(what would be today). Couldn't figure out what I had done. Frogged. Cast-on and knit again. realized I was doing the chart upside down...:-( Frogged yet again. Cast-on and started working chart from the right end and now my little "Nupps" (great idea to give such a cute name for knitting 7 stitches into one and then purling 7 stitches into one?!? What torture!) aren't lining up the way they should. One nupp really looks bad, the other 6+ look okay. Two line up exactly and should be one off. One is like two stitches off in the middle of no-man's land. Obviously did something in the first line that messed up the second, but somehow still ended up with the correct # of stitches. Just when the frustration is just about to kill me and I was going to post my frustration, the Madli-Along has disappeared. UGHHHHHHH!!!!!! So you, my friends and family are hearing my frustration. Can I say it again...UGHHHHH!!!! Did I mention that this is only the swatch... I was trying to see if I was a big enough girl to cast on the real thing. Apparently I still need some more practice... I'm done for the evening because I can't stand the thought of frogging again tonight and I haven't decided if since this is the swatch, I can live with the misaligned nupps or not. I think the real thing is going to have a "life" line every other line...

So I ask you, friends, romans, family, strangers who luck upon my blog...Should I frog again or go blindly onward???

3 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry Gwen, but you might want to frog again. If not, if you're confident in your first row of knitting into the knitted cast on, then do a few rows of garter and place a life line before you start again. How are you keeping track of where you are? Post-it notes? Magnets? Knitting with dark yarn can be hard; be sure you're well-lit.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Teri said…

    Frog it, baby! I can give you some help tonight if you like. Also, I was thinking of bringing my ballwinder & swift for those who want to wind up their Stitches purchases. Are you interested?

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Gwen said…

    Even though it's just the swatch, I'll frog again. I can always use the practice. Besides, I re-read Beth's instructions on the bobbles and think they can get better.

    If you bring the ball winder and swift, I brought along the two skeins of the super sock yarn (I was terrible envious and had to buy for myself) that I would love to wind. I don't have my cone of yarn with me, but did bring a swatch I knitted up from it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home