I feel a little bit like the beginning of the Bridget Jones movies as I start to write my yearly goals... In my 33/34th year...
I'm going to try to keep it simple this year. So much happened last year, I think I need to avoid making any sweeping declarations and just go back to basics. So, here we go:
1. Exercise more - because any exercise would be better than what I do now.
2. Explore DC metro and the East Coast. I want to keep up with my goal of going one new place a month and try to explore a bit farther out as well. I'm on the east coast, I might as well take advantage of it.
3. Get my work organized so I don't work 10-11 hours every day. This may be a pipe dream, but I want to try to leave by 6pm at least 2 days a week.
4. Continue my efforts to eat healthy. More fruits and veggies. I've been doing fairly well so far.
5. Get out and meet more people. I didn't mean to imply I wasn't meeting people, I just feel that I'm not getting out and meeting people and that's mostly my fault because I need to make a greater effort. Part of that means I need to do #3 so I have more available time.
6. Knit more for myself. As I looked over all the finished objects from last year, 2 pairs of socks were for me. I started several more objects for me...clapotis #4, Lady Eleanor, Vintage Velvet, Miss Lambert's shawl, Surplice sweater & Tangled yoke sweater, but they all sort of went by the wayside. The Clapotis I did finish, for "me," I ended up giving to someone else I felt needed it more than me.
7. Connect and reconnect with my friends who live far away. I keep moving and now I know people in several different cities so I need to make sure I keep in contact with everyone and not just read their blogs and think we're connected. This means phone calls and e-mails and not let it get swept by the wayside.
So that's it for this year. Here's hoping 2008 is as good year.