New Year's resolutions
I'm trying to keep this realistic, but I feel the need to set some goals this year.
- To stay more in touch with my friends and family. Since moving away, I've been kind of bad about that and I've realized I really miss them. So expect more phone calls!
- To eat more healthy food. I've kind of fallen in that fast food rut as I've been very busy at work and traveling a lot.
- Try out one new recipe a month. Again, stuck in a rut. When I do cook for myself, it's the same 4 things.
- Start an exercise program.
- Lose weight. I'll start out with something attainable at 20 lbs.
- Spend 15 minutes every night doing some kind of home general clean up, whether it's putting the dishes in the dishwasher or picking up clutter off my coffee table or going through my mail pile or putting in a load of laundry.
- Go to Dentist
- Take an entire week off work. Preferably going somewhere really cool (like Europe), but if not, just taking some time off to be.
- To knit from my yarn stash and not purchase more yarn (except for baby knitting - I've got a new neice or nephew coming and no baby yarn in the stash) until I go to Stitches in August.
To help me with knitting from my stash, I've joined the YarnDAL and I think I'm going to follow Wendy's lead for her "Knit from your stash" and set some rules... In fact, I like Wendy's rules, so I'll borrow with a few modifications...
Knit From Your Stash 2007: Guidelines for Gwen:
- The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.
- I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
2.a. Any yarn purchased at Stitches yarn. You can't go to Stitches and not buy yarn
2.b. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that I really and truly do not have the yarn for, I can buy yarn to knit that gift.
2.c. If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I can purchase enough to complete the project.
2.d. One "Get Out of Jail Free" card -- I can fall off the wagon one time.
- I can receive gifts of yarn.
- Yarn purchased to make gifts for my soon-to-be neice/nephew and my current neice are exempt, although where possible, I will try to knit out of my stash. (i.e. booties out of leftover sock yarn or hats from leftovers in the stash)